Monday, May 11, 2020

We Are All Just Trying to Figure It Out 5.6.20

Mental Health Awareness Day 6.
We are all just trying to figure it out.
It seems like the older I get (I know, I'm still not that old), the more I realize how little I know. As a kid, I thought adults had it all figured out or should. But being an adult has made me realize that sometimes we still don't know what to do or what's best or how to help someone. That's okay. We are all just trying to figure it out. And I think most of us are doing our best with what we've been given and what we have.
Math was probably my favorite subject growing up. Because if you followed the rules or equations or formulas, you got one answer. For the most part, there was one answer and a certain way to get there.
I have wished countless times that life had a formula. That if I just did x and y I would be happy. Or if I just followed a, b, and c, I would find love. Or if I just applied z I would be successful. But life is much more complex than simple math equations.
I had an experience today that I expected to feel hopeful afterwards. Instead, I wanted to burst into tears at the end. And it wasn't just the single experience standing alone that was painful. It was a combination of multiple things in relation to that experience.
It was yet another witness to myself that even when we think we know what to do, we are often humbled and reminded that anything can happen. We are all just trying to figure things out. And some things we may never figure out. That is the challenge of life - to go with whatever comes. To find happiness, purpose, and success in certainty and in uncertainty. #heber #mentalillness #mentalhealth#mentalhealthawareness #mentalhealthawarenessmonth#mentalhealthinthetimeofcorona #letsbereal #tryingtofigureitout #math#ifonlylifehadaformula #acceptance #31in31at31 #agamutofgrey#lifeisbeautiful #may2020 5.6.20

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...