Monday, May 11, 2020

Accept Who You Are 5.2.20

Mental Health Awareness Month Day 2!
The pathway to change starts with accepting who you are and continues with small and simple intentional steps.
I am THE QUEEN of procrastination, or I was. Generally I would wait to do things because I didn't want to do it, I thought it was too hard, I had never done it, or I thought it would take too long. And because I was all or nothing, I usually thought, do the thing and cross it off the list or leave it on there (indefinitely ðŸ˜‚).
Procrastination plus black and white thinking makes a great recipe for never getting anything done and never getting anywhere in life.
After I dropped out of college, I wanted so badly to be financially independent. But I didn't know how I could possibly do it without a degree. In the fall of 2012, I moved home. And by summer of 2013, I drove a brand new Honda Civic off the car lot.
I never would have thought I could drive a brand new car, and honestly, that wasn't my plan. But I eventually gained financial independence. It didn't happen overnight. It was a slow and steady process.
I didn't want to go for a walk today. I was (still am) SO sore from working out yesterday, and I just wanted to lay in bed. But I got out of bed and went for a walk with Whitney. (I probably wouldn't have walked if it wasn't for her.)
It wasn't life-changing. But most things aren't. Instead they are small and simple steps. Change is built a step at a time. You won't even realize how much those small steps add up until you look back.
I'm accepting that I have depression and anxiety and I'm not perfect and not every day is the best day ever. But I'm trying to be intentional and take small and simple steps every day that will lead me where I want to go. #sugarhouse #sugarhousepark #formerroommates #walking#walkingisexercising #mentalhealthawareness#mentalhealthawarenessmonth #mentalhealthinthetimeofcorona#letsbereal #31in31at31 #smallandsimplesteps #beintentional#changeyourlife #agamutofgrey #lifeisbeautiful #may2020 5.2.20

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...