Thursday, November 27, 2008

a day of gratitude

It's already Thanksgiving!  And soon it will be Christmas! How exciting!

I'm grateful for so many things!  I've been richly blessed this year, and I don't even know where to start.

I'm grateful for... (in no particular order)

The opportunity to be home this year as my brother graduated from high school.
My new cousin-in-law, who makes four priesthood holders in my family.
The Coombs/Ball and Coburn family.  For their love and friendship.
All of my teachers I had growing up, especially everyone at West Hills.
The opportunity to return to BYU-Idaho and go back to school.
My brother who is awesome in every way and worthy to serve a full-time mission to Hiroshima, Japan.
The two close friends I have serving missions.  For their letters, examples, love, and friendship.
The two amazing bishops I have, up at BYU-I and down here in my home ward.  For their strength, love, support, and willingness to give me a blessing when needed.
My parents.  For bringing me into a home where the gospel was present enough for me to grow up in this church.
The temples.  The closeness and convenience of attending the temple, the light it is both literally and metaphorically, and for the strength, peace, and comfort I receive there.
A job both up at school and when I move back home in two weeks.  What a blessing, especially at this time in our economy.
My best friend.  For who she is, the things I've learned from her, and for everything she does for me.
My health.
Communication and technology, especially for cell phones, letters, and e-mails.
Music, both spiritual and other.  
People - acquaintances, friends, and family.  Including all of you.
Books, both inspirational and just for fun.
America, a country where I can believe what I want and vote for what I believe and not be persecuted for those beliefs.
The holidays, time to gather with family and close friends and remember what is most important.
My membership in the church and the knowledge I have that it is true.
My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, the atonement, and repentance and forgiveness.
The Book of Mormon, all other scripture, the Ensign, general conference, prophets, and everything I have and know because of the gospel.

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...