Tuesday, September 29, 2009

3 weeks tomorrow...

Hey Everyone,
Now I'm down to 11 minutes! AH! So, I got 3 new roommates last Wednesday, and I love them! One of them was Mary Lindquist. I was SO excited about that! I knew her from the branch. But she got moved up to advanced last night, so she's not my roommate any more, but at least we're still in the same zone.

Also, I had the opportunity to do sealings for the first time today. It was the neatest experience. I can't wait to be sealed to my brother and parents some day as well as my future husband!

Okay, so you're not going to believe this, and you might be mad at me, but I hurt my right foot (the one I fractured a few months ago) playing volleyball on Saturday. I almost felt like I refractured it and I kind of wish I had my boot. (Please don't send it to me.) I didn't go to the doctor's because I thought I could walk it off, but nope. So both of my feet are injured, but they're not too bad. I don't have my wrap on my left foot or anything on my right. They just aren't healed all the way. Moral of the story... I shouldn't play volleyball any more. BUT I have since, and I've just been very careful and not played as hard.

I met 4 elders going to San Diego who came in last Wednesday. One of them is Elder Custer, and I don't remember the rest of their names. I also saw my friend, Karisa Muir who came in on Wednesday as well. She is going to San Diego. I know her from BYU-I.

I saw Andrea Middleton the other day! That was way fun! I forgot I have friends who go to school at BYU here in Provo. It's just weird to think they're so close. She is helping the Mongolians.

On Sunday, I conducted the music for our zone/branch. I've always loved conducting though I'm not good at it, but on Sunday this was so different. Conducting in spanish is different. One, I'm constantly looking down at the hymnbook because I don't know the words, and sometimes the rhythm is slighly different. Anyway, I guess I did okay, but I never want to do that again. Although, I'm sure I will.

Also, it was fast and testimony meeting, and I wasn't going to bear my testimony, but I did. I bore it in spanish, and I only said three sentences and then my mind drew a blank, so I concluded en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen, and sat down. I'll get better at speaking spanish. We also got a 3rd counselor to our branch presidency on Sunday. I didn't know that was possible.

Okay, I have 2 minutes. Sorry this was so short and scattered. I want to leave you with something I've learned. It's not up to us to decide if our friends are ready for the gospel or to be baptized. Give the missionaries the names of your friends, and let them teach them. Everyone needs the gospel just as badly as anybody else.

Thank you for all your prayers, support, love, and letters!

Love,
Hermana Hogewoning

20 seconds...

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...