Tuesday, October 6, 2009

one month, 4 weeks, tomorrow

Hey Everyone!
So I'm a little sad, but I didn't get any dearelders or letters this week besides one from my dad and one from a friend. :( I love hearing from you, so please write if you can!

Last Tuesday, our devotional speakers were Brother and Sister Nadauld. Sister Nadauld was the YW's general president when I was in YW's. It was an awesome devo, as usual. This was the first time I wasn't in the choir though. We went, but we were late and there were no spots left. Hopefully, we'll make it on time tonight!

Last Wednesday, I lost 4 elders in my district to the MTC in Peru. So, now there are only 6 of us. Right now I'm with 3 elders. (Hermana Lindquist is reading over my shoulder right now. She and I attended an endowment session together today! So fun! I love her, and she leaves in a week, which is sad!)

Oh, today one of my roommates, Hermana Keller, got an e-mail from Elder Holland. Yeah, apparently Hermana Keller knows EVERYONE! She was in the orchestra w/Mo Tab, and toured with them this summer.

General Conference this weekend was AWESOME! Oh my goodness! I wish I had time to tell you about every detail of this weekend, but I don't! As missionaries, 2000 of us, we pretty much waited in line for meals and saved seats when we weren't watching conference. I read a lot of the Book of Mormon! It was awesome! I am so glad Bishop Smith came up with Marty and Tavin. I wish I could have seen them, but that's just how life goes. It made me a little sad to know they were here at the MTC and I couldn't see them.

I got my foot x-rayed yesterday because it still hurts. The doctor couldn't tell me anything. He said that he sees the old break, but there's a growth plate there, so he can't tell what's going on. I have to go to the radiologist to find out what's going on.

Less than 2 minutes... If Corey knew how much time I spent talking with the elders and sisters who were going to Japan he might just laugh. I love seeing them because it reminds me of Corey.

Okay, I gotta go!

Love,
Hermana Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...