Wednesday, September 17, 2008

tender mercies

I kind of had a rough night on Monday out of the blue, well not completely suddenly. But everything was smooth sailing, and FHE was pretty good. Two little things happened, and they were kind of the last straw, the cherry on top, you get the picture. Anyway, I hit my breaking point I guess you could say.

But I know Heavenly Father loves me. From the moment I started feeling alone, people slowly came to my aid. It wasn't anything big. There wasn't just one person who felt like they needed to come by my house to see me because they just had a feeling I was having a hard time. It was nothing like that. But just little things. Things people said or did without even knowing the situation. Tender mercies of the Lord. A night's rest always makes me feel better, even if it's just a little bit. I woke up pretty upset still, but today I continued to feel Heavenly Father's love for me through others.

It's kind of ironic because on Monday in my dating and courtship class, we were talking about Satan and how he'll stop at nothing to stop your eternal progression. Whether that means tearing your family apart, turning your friends against you, making you feel like you're worth nothing, etc. And I was feeling invincible up until Monday night.

I'm so grateful for such a loving Heavenly Father! I am so grateful that He knows me, and He knows when to step in and help and when to stand back and watch. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. It has brought me true happiness that I know I wouldn't be able to feel through any other means. I love the Book of Mormon and the scriptures! They are such a blessing! I know that prayer works and is real. Heavenly Father does answer, even the unoffered prayer. I'm grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord in my life on a daily and even minute by minute basis.

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...