Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Third Transfer!

Hey,
Wow! Sorry everyone! I really don't have time to write today! I spent a lot of time backing up pics since Sis. Whiting and Sis. Thaxton are leaving. Anyway...

Last week was really crazy! We didn't have a car at the beginning of the weak because our heater wasn't working and our radiator was leaking. Good thing we took it in because it ended up being a problem with our engine. Anyway, we got our car back around 4:30pm Wednesday, and we didn't even drive it 24 hours before we couldn't use it again. :( Thursday afternoon we were walking out of Luz's and it was hailing. It had been raining and hailing earlier, but it was starting to freeze on the ground. So we had to go home, and we couldn't use our car until today. Although, we did have permission to use our car to drive to district meeting Friday and church on Sunday, and then last night. Oh, church was cancelled, but our branch president decided to still have it, so we had the english missionaries at the branch on Sunday. Also, we didn't have a pianist or chorister when we started sac mt. So they asked Hna. Whiting to conduct and me to play the piano. Ah! I can't really play the piano! I can only play the top hand well enough for it to be reverent, and I was kind of sight-reading the song. Anyway, good thing the pianist showed up after that! Also, church was moved from 9 to 11am since there were no other wards meeting in our building. So Saturday we had to call ALL of our investigators! It was crazy! I volunteered to make all the calls, and I made about 20 of them, 15 in spanish. This is kind of a big deal because I hate calling in spanish. I don't feel like I can. I don't mind talking on the phone, in fact any time it's english, I'll do it. But if someone calls in spanish I pass the phone off to Sister Whiting. But I made all those calls in spanish by myself, and I felt successful. I understood the people I talked to and they understood me. Anyway...

School was out last Thursday through yesterday because of this crazy snow and ice storm we had! We got hail and rain, which froze Thursday night, so there was ice on the roads. And then it snowed on Friday. I heard we got 8 inches. This is crazy! Anyway, we went tracting on Friday and Saturday. We walked with the english sisters. It was fun! But really cold!

Okay, so enough of that. Tomorrow are transfers, and I am SO sad that I have to say bye to Sister Whiting and Sister Thaxton! Man, I don't want them to leave! I found out last week that Astrid is going to be my companion. Last night were transfer calls, but Astrid had told us last week when she found out from Pres. Gee that she was going to be my comp. It's going to be hard calling her Hna. Martinez because I've been calling her Astrid since I got here. I'm excited though. She's awesome! And I love her. It will just be weird to be comps. Also, I am senior companion. It's kind of weird because it's only my 3rd transfer, but I guess I'm ready. Haha! No, I know I am, but it's just weird. I'm still learning every day, and some days I still feel brand new, and others I feel like I've been here forever. I will also be driving this transfer, which is kind of exciting! I haven't driven for almost 5 months, so I'm looking forward to it. Although, it's been nice to not have to drive.

What else? I don't know. The mission is good. Oklahoma is good. I love it! Sorry I didn't write much about the work. I wish I had more time so I could write details. Oh, we did have 8 investigators who made it in time for the sacrament on Sunday, and we had a total of 11 investigators at church. Alma, and two of her sisters (Martha and Gloria) were all there with their families, except one of Gloria's kids. That was pretty cool! I couldn't stop smiling at Sister Whiting as she was conducting the music and I was sitting in the congregation as our investigators kept walking in.

Also, we are only getting one new elder in our district and we will be brand new. Elder Mortensen is switching comps though from Elder Reed to Elder Romero. Elder Reed will be training. Elder Dominguez will be the new AP. And Sister Houston will be Sister Glenn's new comp. She reported to the MTC on 9-9-09 like me, so we've been out for the same time, except she's been here in OK longer because she's english.

Corey is good! Man, it's so weird that he's almost halfway done with the mission! Crazy!

Well, I love you all! Thank you for your prayers, support, and letters!

Love,
Hermana Christina Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...