Sunday, December 14, 2008

home at last...

I ended up leaving Idaho on Friday instead of Thursday.  I took an extra day to study for my calc test.  I have never hated math SO much in my life!  I studied for six hours between Thursday and Friday, and then the actual final took two hours.  I will know my fate by Thursday.  Hopefully, I passed...

I made it home safely, although getting here was pretty interesting.  The weather was pretty crazy the whole way home.  I drove through snow, high wind (so bad that I had to over correct where the wind was pushing my car), dust as thick as fog, and rain.  It kept me awake though, so that's good.  

I got home last night, and I start working at Barnes and Noble on Monday.  They hired me back on full time, which is such a blessing especially since the economy is pretty terrible right now.  I know it's a direct result of paying my tithing, and there were times during the semester that I wondered how I would pay for groceries, gas, bills, etc. and pay my tithing.  But it always worked out because I paid my tithing.  I'm grateful for that blessing in my life.

I got to see my cousin's baby, Grant Rogers, last night.  He is SO adorable!  I told Lahren I could hold him forever.  I'm so excited I get to be around for his baby blessing and these first for four months or so.  I also went and saw my newly married cousin and her apartment.  It's way cute!  I'm so grateful for my cousin's and their husbands! They are awesome!  I'm so lucky I get to be a part of their lives!

Now, I just have to get settled in and figure out what I want to do.  I'm so excited to be here with Corey, even though there is really no room for me in my own house.  It's nice to have some time with him before he leaves on his mission. And I'm way excited to be attending my home ward!  I'm looking forward to this new adventure...

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...