Monday, February 27, 2012

Almost a year since his return...

I just realized that it's almost been a year since my brother, Corey, came home from his mission in Japan. I remember how excited I was! I remember writing the last e-mail to him as a missionary, and it was so unreal to me.

Then I flew home to San Diego, and I remember getting home and finding nothing ready for him to come home. I was beyond worried and stressed, so much so that when we got to the airport I headed toward the Southwest terminal, out of habit, instead of toward Alaskan Airlines. And when I was finally headed the right direction, I realized I missed him coming down the escalator, and I wasn't his first hug. I was so mad. And after hugging him and seeing him for two seconds, I felt like he had never left. Then the rest of my time home was quite a disaster. I feel like nothing went the way I had envisioned it. It was not the glamorous experience I thought it would be. And then before I knew it, I had to go back to Rexburg.

It's strange though. Sometimes I feel like Corey and I "talked" more when he was in Japan then since he's been home, and other times I'm so glad I can call/text him every day if I want to. But overall, I'm so glad my best friend is back and able to be apart of my life even though he's 1000 miles away. I seriously feel so blessed to have a little brother, especially Corey.

Recently I've learned some things about my family when I was little, and it's been kinda shocking and hard to swallow. It just made me realize how blessed I've been despite everything that's happened. And what a blessing it is that I have my brother. And what a blessing it is that I got to know my cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandma in San Diego, as I grew up.

Seriously, it's because I've been given SO much that I can't help but try and give all I can to those around me. What did I do to be so blessed in this life with such amazing family members, friends, and amazing experiences!?? I don't know, but I'm so grateful for I've been given. The good AND the bad. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please remember somewhere, somebody, whom you do not expect, pray for you, your brother and your family! Love ya!

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...