Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Off to a Great Start

I really need to get better at writing. I used to be somewhat good at it, and since I've been back from my mission, it's really gone downhill, even in my personal journal too. Lots has happened, and life is AWESOME right now! One day, I'm gonna look back and wish I had written more at this super happy time in my life. So I better get started...

Before going home to San Diego for Christmas break, I got set apart as an ordinance worker in the Rexburg temple. I started working at the beginning of January when I came back from break. I absolutely LOVE it! And I know a bunch of the people who I work the same shift with. Plus, I always see tons of people I know during the day. I would recommend working as an ordinance worker to anyone. It truly is amazing!

This semester I'm off-track, meaning I'm not in school. And I currently am unemployed, though I've been job searching since December. I know that everything will work out though because I felt very strongly that I was supposed to stay in Rexburg this semester.

I have 5 awesome roommates! Madi, Cortney, Nicki, Sarah, and Kyra. I love them a ton! And they are all younger, but they're sweet girls. I am lucky to have such great roommates!

At the beginning of the semester, I received the assignment to put together my ward directory. I kinda asked for it though. It's a funny story, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to do it because it kept be busy. Plus, it made it easy to get to meet everyone in my ward. We've had a big turnover from last semester to this semester, so there are lots of new faces. Anyway, it's been fun learning names and getting to know people.

Two days after receiving the assignment to assemble the ward directory, I received the calling to be one of two Relief Society presidents in my ward. I gladly accepted. I know, I'm really weird, but ever since I served as first counselor in the Relief Society presidency as a freshman I've missed it SO much! So I'm excited to be back in the presidency. It is overwhelming, and there has been and always will be lots to do, but I love it! And I have an awesome Relief Society of sisters! I love them all! And I look forward to getting to know them better.

I recently returned from Oklahoma. I got to go back to my mission because one of my companions was getting married in Oklahoma City. She was my mini missionary, who just served as a missionary for 6 weeks since we were short a Spanish sister. So I was in Oklahoma for just over a week, and it was one of the best weeks EVER! I seriously even began to consider moving to Oklahoma someday. I never ever thought I'd see the day that I'd actually want to live there. I think I would love it! And people were tempting me while I was there. I was offered a job, and a couple of people offered me a place to stay. It was tempting. If I didn't have responsibilities in Idaho, I might have just stayed there forever. Good thing I got a calling before I left. Haha. But really, maybe one day I'll live in OKC. It seriously feels like home being there!

Tomorrow I'm leaving for San Diego because one of my other way close friends is getting married. I've known her since I was 12, and she's one of my best friends! I love her! It will be a quick trip though. I'll get to San Diego Thursday night and leave Saturday late afternoon/early evening. It will be way fun though and way warmer than Rexburg.

And for inquiring minds, I'm not dating anybody. Though I did catch the bouquet at my best friend/mission companion's reception. (That is a story in and of itself since I NEVER participate in bouquet tosses.) And you know what that means... But I don't believe in superstitions.

That's the latest for now. I'm loving being in Rexburg, although it's freezing. And I feel super blessed for all of the people in my life right now.

1 comment:

astrid.d said...

What does catching the boquet mean? ;P Haha! Love ya! :)

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...