Tuesday, July 27, 2010

lots of news!

Hey Everyone,
My mind is so scattered right now that I don't even know what to write. A lot has happened and I haven't even been here a week, well tomorrow will be a week.

It's been great to be back here in the south, where I was born and everything. It's been fun to see everyone again. I feel so welcome here, and I love it! But it's been kind of sad hearing how old investigators are doing...

Maria Pena pretty much told the sisters a couple weeks ago not to come back. :( I honestly think it has to do with her family because she knows it's true and she wants to be baptized. So I haven't seen her since I've been back. Pray that somehow we'll be able to go over and things will change so she can be baptized. Because everything got worked out for her to be baptized. It just needs to happen.

Luz has been avoiding the sisters pretty much since I left. They've only been able to teach her once since I left. Really really sad! We tried her yesterday, but Moses came to the door saying she wasn't there. I'm hoping that knowing I'm back she'll let us come over, but who knows.

Good news... Juan is progressing! He actually came to church on Sunday. We went and taught him on Saturday, and it was awesome! The thing is he's only been to church twice. Once before I left, and then this past Sunday that I was here. Hopefully we can set a date with him soon though. I think he's the closest to baptism. I'm way excited for him!

Hna. Coronado was also at church this past Sunday. The sisters said that she's coming along. Her youngest son, Danny, will turn 8 and get baptized at the end of August, and we're hoping she will too! But we'll see!

So, Sister Tucker got bitten by a dog last Tuesday night and had to go to the ER. She's fine. BUT then on Saturday she rolled her ankle, and we had to take her to Urgent Care. We thought it was broken, but it's not. They just said that she tore 2 ligaments, they are second degree tears. She barely started walking on it on Sunday after church. She has an appt right now with an orthopedic surgeon to check to make sure nothing is wrong. Sister Taylor just came to pick her up. Hopefully everything will be all right. We don't need to be down another sister.

Also, we went tracting Friday night and found 3 new investigators and a less active! It was awesome! We also found another less active yesterday! I really feel like this area is going to take off and there is going to be a lot to do! I am excited and feel ready to work really hard. I just hope I can listen to the spirit and do what Heavenly Father wants me to do.

Well, I gotta run. I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Christina Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...