Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy July!

Hey Everyone,
I hope y'all had a good 4th of July. We didn't see fireworks, nor did it even feel like Independence Day. We didn't sing patriotic hymns at church, but it makes sense since I'm in a spanish branch. The only thing I saw was at our apt complex there were three people with sparklers having their own little party on Sunday night when we were coming home. Anyway, I hope you guys had a good weekend.

So, we met the Taylor's last Thursday, and they are awesome! I love them! I still miss and love the Gee's, but I'm excited to get to know the Taylor's. They have five children, two of which are with them-Quinn (just turned 14) and Preston (15). They are awesome!

President and Sister Taylor gave us some changes that came straight from the MTC straight from the 12 and the prophet. These changes went into affect world-wide in all missions. The brethren say that now is the time for this work to hasten (as it says in D&C 88). Zone Conferences and interviews will now be quarterly instead of every 6 weeks, and everything will be done on a monthly basis instead of every 6 weeks, although missionaries will still come and go every 6 weeks (transfers). Also, there are 8 simplified PMG lessons to be taught to missionaries to help us be more effective teachers. We will learn these during trainings, zone conferences, and other times. Basically, a lot will be changing, even though nothing feels different. The goal of this is to help us more effectively do the work that we're already doing, which will in turn help things to happen faster.

President Taylor said that they were coming to Oklahoma hoping to make no radical changes, but this is from the Quorum of the 12 apostles and the prophet and his counselors, and yes, we believe in modern day/continuning revelation. I'm excited for all of this, although I don't really know what to expect. But I trust in these changes that are/will take place.

Kind of a bummer that means we won't have zone conf this week. Zone Conf will happen in all missions every Aug, Nov, Feb & May. Interesting! I feel like my time is the mission just got shorter, considering I went from having 6 zone conferences left to now having 3.

(It just started POURING outside! And it was sunny two seconds ago. Oklahoma has very unpredictable weather! And it rained Saturday way hard, almost flooding again! And apparently it's supposed to rain/storm all week. But it's still nice and hot and humid despite the rain. Although Sunday night it felt nice outside.)

Sister Taylor had some exciting news for the sisters... we no longer have to wear nylons! Hooray! I wasn't as excited as Sister Xiques. And Sister Goodell was WAY excited! Anyway, kind of nice. Also, we can wear prints/patterns, and our skirts don't have to go all the way to mid-calf, just have to cover our knees when we sit. Of course, Hna. Xiques and I took off our nylons when we got home that day, and it was weird not to be wearing them. But now I'm getting used to it.

Well, I gotta run! Sorry this was so short. I only had like 10-15 minutes! I love you all tons!

Love,
Hermana Christina Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...