Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm going back to the south! :)

Hey Everyone,
We got transfer calls last night, and after a lot of begging my leaders finally told me that I'm for real going back to the south. I'm really excited. It almost seems to perfect. I didn't think I'd be going back this soon though. I've been wanting to go back, and I'm actually going back. I feel like things usually don't work like that, that what I want is what needs to happen. I feel like I'm dreaming or something. This doesn't feel real. Don't get me wrong, I love the north! There are a lot of things happening here in the north that I just feel like I don't want anyone else to take over. I wish I could be split in half, so that half of me could stay here and half of me could go to the south. President Taylor really felt strongly about me going back to the south, and actually I've been thinking about it for the last week. But I don't know why. I wish I did. I feel impatient. Like I just want to know everything now. I don't want to wait and find out why. I just wonder why do I, Hermana Hogewoning, need to go back to the south now? I'm not complaining. Like I said, I'm way excited, but I just wonder what's in store for me.

Elder Linford is going to Chickasha and will be going english, Elder Bell is going to Wichita Falls, and Elder Whipple is staying and Elder Reichman will be his new comp. Elder Mortensen is also staying and will be training again, Elder Gonzales (he's from Utah). Anyway... Elder Call, current ZL here in the north, is going to the south to be ZL. I'm very excited that we're both going to the south. He's awesome! Elder Norman will stay here in the north, and Elder Jensen will be coming to be ZL with him, and Elder Peterson will be with them.

In the south...Elder Lewis is district leader and will be training, and Elder Ortiz is shotgun training, which means nobody is staying in the area to show them the ropes. Zone Leaders will be Elder Call and Elder Chun. I'll be with Sister Moss and Sister Tucker.

Missionary work... Maria Bucher came to church on Sunday! It was a miracle. She is a recent convert within the last 2 years I think, and she's been less active for at least as long as I've been in Oklahoma. Anyway, she always tells us how she doesn't believe in Joseph Smith and many other things, and it's way sad. Because at one point she did have a testimony of these things. But she promised President Gee that she'd come to church. And she did! I hope she can keep going and slowly regain her testimony that she once had.

We taught the ENTIRE Reza family last week at Sister Christensen's house in Piedmont. All the husbands came! I've never taught the husbands. Sister Christensen has been wanting their family to come to her house forever, and FINALLY they ALL came! It was awesome! We ate, and then we had the lesson. I hope that maybe the husbands are thinking about the fact that their wives are reading the BOM, coming to church, and want to be baptized. Hopefully, those families will one day be sealed in the not too far future! We've been trying to set baptismal dates with Mari and Erika, but Mari wants to wait and Erika... she seems more ready and willing, but she said let's wait til next time to set a date. Hopefully, they'll be baptized soon, so eventually they can be sealed.

Sorry no pics today. I forgot my battery to my camera. And I had district pics I wanted to send y'all. Sorry!

Corey is doing well. He's still adjusting to all the new things... the mission, the area, and his companion, but he sounds well as usual.

I'm excited for all the changes happening tomorrow! I can't wait! I just hope that I can be what Heavenly Father wants me to be and do what He wants me to do, so I can be the best missionary that I can.

I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Christina Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...