Tuesday, July 13, 2010

can you say yeehaw?

Hey Y'all,
So this morning Hermana Xiques and I went to the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. It was cool, but I'm honestly not a fan of museums. Hermana Xiques has been wanting to go since I got here, and so we finally went. We took lots of pics, sorry you only get to see 3. It was neat, but honestly I just don't like museums. I really enjoyed the Oklahoma City Bombing Mermorial because I remember when that happened and it interested me.

You'll never guess what happen after we e-mailed last week. Remember how I randomly said it started pouring, well when we left it was pouring as if somebody was pouring buckets of water down from the sky. We didn't have our jackets, and we had to go straight to interviews after. So we ran to the car, which honestly wasn't far at all. But because of how hard the rain was coming down, by the time we got to the car, we were both drenched! Our hair was literally dripping wet. And the church is just a couple blocks from the library we e-mailed at, but the street was flooded! It was crazy! I felt SO embarrassed walking into my interview, seeing the APs and President and Sister Taylor looking like a wet rat! Luckily, Hna. Xiques had a hair tie, so I put my hair up and that helped a little. But wow! The weather here is SO crazy! And we've had at least two other storms since then. Today it's like in the 90s, and it's humid. I hate it, but it's only a little bit longer and then the summer will be over!

Sunday was the final game of the World Cup, and we had a less active call us to tell us he wasn't coming because he was going to stay home and watch the soccer game. And Saturday we had gone over and taught him about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. I guess I just have a strong testimony of keeping the Sabbath Day holy, and I don't understand how other people would let anything keep them from coming to church. And actually, there was a guy that came to the spanish branch just to take the sacrament so he could go home and watch the game. Wow! Honestly, I'm excited that the World Cup is over because I feel like it ran so many peoples lives. But I will be excited to watch it in 4 years!

Corey is doing well! He's been transferred to the Senri Ward in the Osaka North Stake. He is still Zone Leader, and his companion is Elder McLaws. He said his zone is really small, just 3 other companionships. But he's doing great! His new address is:
562-0892
Osaka-fu, Toyonaka-shi, Yamanoue-cho 10-10
Yamanoue Haitsu #201

Thank you for everything! We both love and appreciate the prayers, love, and support. Sorry this was short!

Love,
Hermana Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...