Friday, October 10, 2008

the first snowfall

I almost cried!  It snowed yesterday!  It made me so sad! And now it's freezing cold up here, but the snow didn't stick. Unfortunately I think there is supposed to be a big storm tomorrow, so it will be here to stay after tomorrow forever, but oh well.

I have friends that keep telling me I need to learn to enjoy the snow... hot chocolate, snow angels, snowmen, heaters, hoodies, blankets, cuddling, etc.  But I am a pure San Diegan!  I don't do well in the cold!  And it's not like I have someone to keep me warm. ;) Anyway, the snow can be fun, but I don't think I want to live somewhere where it's cold for 8 months out of the year.

In the spirit of enjoying the cold, or trying to anyway, I bought a pair of earmuffs today.  My old roommate said I look ridiculous.  I told her I don't care, my ears are warm now.  Haha!  I never thought I'd buy scarfs, gloves, or earmuffs and now I am all decked out in my warm clothes.

It wouldn't be so bad if the wind weren't present.  The wind makes it feel 10 times colder.  

I guess I'll learn to have fun in it!

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...