Tuesday, October 13, 2009

5 semanas manana!

Hey Everyone,
I only have 14 minutes left! Thank you for the e-mails! I got everyone's today, and that was great!

Last week's devotional was given by Ben B. Banks, emeritus member of the 70. It was amazing! Devos are always amazing! Wish I had time to give you a summary. You can read my notes in 18 months.

Guess what? I got a companion last Wednesday! I love her, Hermana Calderon. She was born in Guatemala, but grew up in the states and Canada. She speaks spanish and english. She has been such a blessing! She's going to New York south spanish speaking. She's been delayed though. She got to the MTC on Aug 28, and was supposed to leave on Sept 14. But she tore her meniscus playing volleyball on Sept 9, and had to have surgery on Sept 15. She has been delayed. We're quite the companionship... she has a knee brace on her left knee, and I have a boot on my right foot.

So, yeah the doctor thinks I have a new fracture in my right foot, but isn't sure. I see the podiatrist again tomorrow to see if they have to do a bone scan and if I need to have surgery. I'll keep you all posted.

Those of you in San Diego look for Elder Rodriguez and Sister Muir. I sent pics home of both of them. Elder Rodriguez was in my first zone, and Sister Muir went to BYU-I with me. They both left today for SD. I told them that I told you guys to look for them.

So, Hermana Keller and Hermana Lindquist left yesterday for Argentina. Crazy! I already miss them, especially Hermana Lindquist!

I am so grateful to be part of this great work, bringing forth the gospel to the world! It's amazing to me! I've heard so many stories, and I can't wait to be in Oklahoma and telling you stories of my own. Heavenly Father loves his children, us, SO much! He is so merciful! He knows exactly what we need when we need it. I have seen that every day here. He is looking out for me, and he is making it possible for me to be here, speaking/teaching in spanish. I'm so grateful for that! Even though I always am SO tired, I somehow am able to push through the day. I am so grateful for all my Heavenly Father has given me and continues to give me. I am so indebted to him, especially for this experience, which is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I know it's changing me into the woman I need to be, so someday I can get married and rear a family. I feel so blessed.

I love you all tons! Thank you for your prayers, support, and love. Please write if you have time!

Love,
Hermana Christina Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...