Tuesday, October 20, 2009

6 weeks tomorrow, 3 more til Oklahoma!

Hey Everyone,
I only have 16 minutes! Apparently Corey got transferred, so that's why you won't be hearing from him. The mission president's wife said that his Japanese is very good and sometimes people mistake him as Japanese. Hard to believe, but at the same time, it's not because Corey is awesome!

So last week at devotional, we heard from David F. Evans from the first quorum of the seventy. He served his mission in the Japanese mission, I'm guessing when he served it was all one mission in Japan. He also served as mission president in Nagoya, Japan, and he was born on August 11 (like me!). Anyway, his talk was AMAZING! Then again devos are always amazing. He went 30 minutes over. But he talked about the importance of getting investigators to really read the Book of Mormon. He said how can we expect them to gain a testimony of the BOM, after reading just one chapter, when that is not how we gained our testimonies. It was super powerful! I just hope I can apply the things he taught us when I get to the field.

Another one of my roommates left for the field today, Hermana Jones. She's going to Tempe, AZ. Crazy! I also got a new roommate a few days ago, Hermana Tittle. She is going to LA, CA, the same as 3 elders in my district. I absolutely adore her! So there are just 4 of us in my room, and we're not getting new sisters tomorrow. Me, Hermana Calderon (my comp), Hermana Erickson (the new coordinating sister, and she is now solo), and Hermana Tittle (her comps are in a different room, kind of weird, but she moved up from beginning, and her comps' room was full).

Last night was one of my teachers, Hermano Johnston, last night teaching. He is just super busy with school and his wife is expecting a baby. Anyway, kind of sad. We'll have two different teachers to take his place until we leave. I have met one of them, Hermana Ampuno. She was our sub a week or so ago, and she was also one of Hermana Jones' teachers. But I haven't met the other teacher yet.

Thank you for all your support, love, and prayers! I wish I could write more and write you all personally! It seriously kills me that I can't write everything and everyone that I want to. Thank you for the letters, cards, and dearelders!

I leave for Oklahoma on Nov 9 or 10. When I know for sure, I'll let you all know.

Love,
Hermana Hogewoning

PS Uncle Clark, I met a couple elders who were from Japan and know you. Chris Lowry and Dallin Shaner. I don't know if you remember them, but I met them a few weeks ago. I think Elder Shaner is gone. Anyway, it's a small world!

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...