Monday, February 4, 2013

Sold on St. George!

I keep telling myself I'm going to get better at keeping my blog updated, but then by the time I update it again I realize how much time has passed and all of the things I haven't written about.

First of all, Barnes & Noble (B&N) decided to keep me. I found out about a month or so ago. That is a huge tender mercy and blessing! I am so grateful for that! The thing is, it's only part-time, and they continue to cut back hours because we aren't making what we need to be. I still need to find another job because part-time at minimum wage isn't cutting it. Well, if I want to buy a car, move out, go back to school, etc., it won't be enough. 


This past weekend I went up to St. George with Randal, Eden, and Suzanne. We took Eden up because she will be going to hair school at the Paul Mitchell there, and she'll be living with Suzanne's parents, the Cole's. It was fun to get away for a couple of days! I think I was kinda spoiled in Rexburg because I would go to Utah pretty often. Now being in San Diego, without a car, I never go anywhere.


Anyway, it was fun! I've driven through St. George a million times, and I've stayed there quite a few times too, but this time was different, probably because it's Eden's new home. I got to visit friends from the mission and a friend from BYU-I. I just felt like I could totally move there and fall in LOVE with it! Sister Cole pointed out the B&N from her living room window, which is right by where she works at See's. Everything is right there, and it's so pretty! I looked up the population, and it's 74,000, which is about 3 times the size of Rexburg. It seems like everyone I ran into kept telling me why I should move there, and I was sold before anyone even said anything. I told Ede, the only thing that would have made our road trip better is if I was moving with her. Maybe someday, but for now I'm staying in SD.

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...