Tuesday, April 13, 2010

7 months!

Hey Y'all,
It's so weird to think I've been gone for 7 months. Time sure does fly! I've been out exactly half as long as Corey. It's so weird to think about how he and I will end up home around the same time.

Things are well. The weather has been mostly nice. 70s and windy. Not too bad. Again, I'm grateful for spring because the summer is not going to be too fun. Sister Tucker and I got a little sunburned the other day. We were tracted and met a man who was interested. There wasn't a woman there so we had to teach him outside, and we got a little sun. I guess it's time to get the sunscreen out.

Maria Pena came to church last Sunday! So exciting! We teach her three times a week, and she loves the church. She is so ready to be a member. Hopefully we can baptize her next month, but we're waiting for some things to be resolved.

I feel like SO many appts fell through last week, but somehow we still taught quite a few lessons. I know that Heavenly Father is blessing us, and I really think it also has a lot to do with our goal of contacting 105 people every week. I feel like as we tract, even though we don't want to, we are blessed.

We had interviews today, which was weird to have them on p-day. I didn't ask about next transfer but Sister Tucker did. And President Gee actually said that he'd probably leave me and Sister Tucker together here and the south and leave the brand new missionaries Sister Moss and Sister Xiques together in the north. Right now they are being trained by Hermana Alas, but she goes home at the end of this transfer. Anyway, interesting. But a lot of times President Gee says something about transfers, but we can't be sure until they are actually here. So two weeks, and we'll know!

Johanna still wants to be baptized, but I don't really know....We should just set a date with her! She talked about how she'll be 15 in June, and she's going to a have a quinceanera (It's basically like sweet 16 here in the states, but way bigger. It's like a coming of age thing. It's way intense!) in September. We need to set a date because we've taught her everything I think now, but we need to talk to her about baptism more. So she really understands. Luz wants her to really understand before she's baptized.

Luz is well, but she's not coming to church. She still wants to move out and get baptized, but she's waiting on her daughter in Mexico. It's way complicated, but when things change I'll let y'all know.

We are now teaching Martha Lopez, another one of Alma and Gloria's sister. She was living in the north, but she's moved down here to the south. Specifically, she's living in Midwest City. She said she was going to come to church on Sunday, but she didn't. :( Man, if Gloria and Martha and Alma and Hna. Segura (their mom) would encourage each other, I could see them all coming to church. But as long as they aren't really coming or trying to help each other, they're not going to come. We'll see what happens. Martha should be baptized, but she needs to get married. Anyway, there's lots to work on with this family. One day they'll all be strong active members. I just don't know if that will be while I'm here.

I don't know what else to write! I feel like everything is the same! But all is well here in Oklahoma. I seriously can't believe this transfer is almost over and I'll be saying bye to Elder Dominguez, Elder Buys, and Hermana Alas. Weird!

Thanks for the packages, letters, prayers, love and support! Corey and I both appreciate it lots!

Love,
Hermana Christina Hogewoning

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...