Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time to start saying goodbye...

I fly out of San Diego in just under 2 weeks! Ah, it's crazy! I can't believe it's almost time for me to leave! This is not real! It probably won't be until I'm actually in the mission field with a tag on that says, "Hermana Hogewoning."

The goodbyes have officially begun! One of my friends left on a mission, and a few of my friends are returning back to BYU this week to start school. It's sad to see them go, but I love them and I look forward to seeing them again in 18 months or so.

I really am grateful for my many, many, good, and amazing friends! I feel so blessed to know such great people! And I just keep meeting new people and making more friends! It's great!

Tonight I went to the branch's FHE (family home evening). We met at the Little's, watched The Princess Bride and swam. It was great! We kept saying bye to each other and trying to leave, but nobody was leaving. It was pretty funny. We finally all left around 10:45 or so. We just love each other so much!
Me and my friends at the Little's house. (Front to back, left to right: John, Luke, Mary, Me, Christine, Lorraine, Lindsay, Carlee, Randall, Justin, and Buddy)

I always hate saying bye! I hate when people move, and I lose contact with them. But I found a scripture that is comforting to me. If our paths don't ever cross again in this life, it's okay because, "...that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory..." (D&C 130:2). I love knowing that!

Here are some other pictures from the last couple of days...
Me, Jessica, and Bradley (Jessica's baby) at Jake's Open House. I love her, and she has the cutest baby ever!
Jake and I, the soon to be missionaries! He and Corey are the same age, and they grew up together. Jake is going to the Tallahassee, Florida mission. He reports to the MTC this Wednesday. This was another goodbye, but he reminded me that we might see each other in the MTC.
Amber and I at Brittany's reception. Love her! (This was the last time I'll see Amber before I leave for the mish.)
Brittany and I at her reception at the McWhirter's house in La Mesa. She looked amazing! I'm so happy for her and Alex!
Kira, Me, Caitlin, and Lindsay at Brittany's reception in San Diego (La Mesa). I love these girls!

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...