Saturday, August 15, 2009

The longest day of my life!

I feel very blessed because even though I'm not working, I've had some random jobs just fall into my lap this past week without exerting any effort. I'm so grateful for that! BUT, because of them, I had the longest day ever yesterday.

I was house/dog-sitting for a family from Wednesday morning to last night. Yesterday, I baby-sat all day long, from 8 in the morning to 10 at night! I had three kids until 1pm, and then one kid until 4ish. Then three kids again the rest of the day/night. I kind of felt a little bit like a mom yesterday. I was running all day, trying to do a million things at once with kids and stay sane.

I was telling the Densley's that after yesterday, I never want kids. I know that's not true though. I do want kids some day. I love them, but I'm grateful that I'm not a mom yet. I know when they are my own, it will be a lot different, and I'll love them all, every single second. But I am grateful for all these experiences I am able to have that allow me to learn such important things that will prepare me for what lies in my future-motherhood!

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...