Monday, July 27, 2009

Wisdom Teeth... :/

I had to get my bottom two wisdom teeth pulled. I had to go to an oral surgeon, which I was a little nervous for. Because I've never had surgery or anything like that before. But it really wasn't that bad. My aunt was my "designated driver." All I remember is they took me back, and there were two nurses helping prep me and the room. Then the doctor came in and tied a tourniquet right above my elbow, and then inserted the IV, which I didn't know I would have or need. Then I was awake, and it was over. The nurse asked if I could get up. I went to get up, without her help, and I think I kind of made her nervous. I just assumed I could get up, like I always do without help, but since I was given anesthesia, I went to get up and was a little tipsy.

Then I went back to my aunt's house, and I ate something and took the meds they had prescribed me. Then I fell asleep to Harry Potter. I woke up, and I felt fine. I actually was going crazy that I was just supposed to sit and rest. I wanted to be doing stuff, going places. The idea of someone taking care of me was great for a couple of hours, and then I realized I didn't really like it. Me at my aunt's house... (I don't look too bad.)
I went home Monday night, and the next morning I went to the beach with the Densley's. I still felt great. Then Wednesday, the left side of my mouth started hurting, but only when I didn't take the pain meds. Yesterday though was a different story. I don't know why, but the left side of my mouth continues to hurt really badly. I don't want to open my mouth for anything - to eat, to talk, to brush my teeth, to yawn, etc. It all is so painful. I iced it, which helps just because it kind of numbs it so I can't feel it. But I woke up so many times last night. I was hot and my mouth hurt. Maybe I have dry socket or something. Time to see the dentist...

2 comments:

Tay&J said...

That stinks but... aren't you glad I took pictures. Wahahaha

Christina said...

Yes, I am Tay! I kind of wish I had more! :)

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...