Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A year ago today I left the MTC and arrived in Oklahoma...

I really miss the mission today. Some days are worse than others. But today was worse. I just thought about how this time last year I was leaving the MTC, arriving in Oklahoma, and embracing a new adventure. How new it was to me then. How I didn't have the slightest clue what I was doing or what I would learn. How I would change lives and help people come unto Christ. How I would build eternal friendships. How I would finally come to understand how simple our Heavenly Father's plan really is and what is most important in this life. How my perspective of my mom and dad would change and I would feel a greater love and appreciation for them. I could go and on on.

The point is that my mission has changed me forever. I will never be the same as I was when I stepped off that plane in Oklahoma City a year ago. I really feel like in so many ways I exponentially progressed while I was in Oklahoma. I learned so many things that have changed my life. And now I am responsible for all of that knowledge.

I truly am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve a mission. It was something I think about every day, and I continue to grow and learn from that incredible experience.

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...