Thursday, January 15, 2009

January's Already Halfway Over

This month has been wonderful!  Corey is now 19, Grant was blessed, and the new year is off to a good start. Everyone I know seems to be getting married, which is way exciting.  I feel like I'm the only one not getting married at 20 years old, but I'm more than okay with that.  I promise! :)

I can't believe in less than four months I'll be on an adventure of my own, away from everyone I know.  I'm very excited!  Mexico will be a unique experience, and I'm so glad I have this opportunity.  It doesn't sound that exciting.  I mean, I could have gone to Europe to study abroad, but I just felt like that would be more about shopping and luxury, whereas MesoAmerica is more of a third world experience.  I want to go to Europe more than anything, mainly Italy, but Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala... I just wanted to go somewhere not as flashy, if you know what I mean.

I also found a new friend since I've been home!  Her name is Jessica, and she just got home from serving a mission in New York.  We hang out all of the time now, and it's just fun!  She is such a sweet girl!

I'm working at Barnes & Noble full-time, and I'm loving it! Of course, I wish I could buy almost everything I see, but it's still fun!

Anyway, everything is simply wonderful!  I couldn't be happier!  :)

No comments:

An Unrelenting Longing

Earlier this year, I blocked my parents from being able to text or call me and from seeing my social media. I had prided myself for years th...